Creative Expressions

Discovering the many expressions of His creativity demonstrated through individuals in community!

Name:
Location: United States

Welcome to the Creative Expressions Small Group website! Although we are not currently meeting weekly like we did over the spring and summer, may you find encouragement through the Scriptures, quotes and thoughts of this blog!

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Welcome!

Welcome to the Creative Expressions small group website!

So, maybe you've come to this website to find out what this small group is all about and if you should come check it out or not, so I'll start by saying:

Anyone interested in the creative arts with a desire for a community that can be a catalyst for creativity while deeply studying the topic of spirit, soul, and body is welcome and invited to check us out!

There is a variety of topics within each topic of spirit, soul, and body that we will be covering over the course of the semester from health and nutrition to personality types and spiritual gifting to warfare and worship -just to name a few. We'll also do things as a community that incorporate the arts -dependent on the interests of each of you that attend. Here are some possibilities: a photography shoot, ice skating, a free Kennedy Center performance, a viewing and dialogue about the behind the scenes creative process of a movie, and perhaps even a dance class together! I want it to be a place for us to grow and be challenged spiritually and creatively while finding friendship, encouragement and inspiration to walk and become the person and community God created us to be - spirit, soul and body. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Heather:

I am new to NCC (have been attending 5 weeks) and this sounds like the sort of small group experience that would fit me pretty well. And it doesn't hurt that I live in Crystal City!

My creative expressions include music -- I have most recently played guitar in a worship setting although my main instrument is drums/percussion. But I just plain LOVE music. It has been an indispensible part of my life since I was a child.

I love making mix tapes for people, as sort of a way of introducing myself, so I guess that's a creative hobby.

Although I haven't exercised my writing gifts professionally for a few years, I was a music journalist in Nashville for many years covering the Christian and country music industries.

By trade, I am a broadcast engineer who specializes in troubleshooting computer recording software, so I suppose that makes me at least as creative as most government employees! 8-)

My cats and I live in The Buchanan on 23rd Street.

I hope to meet you soon!

3:43 AM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger Heather Z said...

Hey Heather- I am super excited about your group! I look forward to hearing all the cool stuff that you do!

11:15 AM, February 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home